The ‘Explorations in Theology and Apocalyptic’ group is pleased to announce a programme of two sessions to take place as ‘additional meetings’ once again this year during the annual meeting of the AAR/SBLin Atlanta.
I/ Saturday, November 21st, 6:30 – 8:30 (Lenox Room at the Hyatt Regency )
A Book Discussion Panel on Samuel V. Adams, The Reality of God and Historical Method: Apocalyptic Theology in Conversation with N.T. Wright (forthcoming 2015, Inter-Varsity Press).
- Grant Macaskill (University of Aberdeen)
- Chris Tilling (St Mellitus College, London)
- Joshua B. Davis (Birmingham, AL)
- Samuel V. Adams (Kilns College), responding
- Justin Klassen (Bellarmine University), presiding
II / Sunday, November 22nd, 6:30 – 8:30 (Room 213 at the Hilton Downtown)
The Place of Divine Judgement in an Apocalyptic Theology: A Panel Session
- Ry Siggelkow (Princeton Theological Seminary), ‘The Harrowing of Hell: Ernst Käsemann’s Theology of Divine Judgement’
- Christopher C. Brittain (University of Aberdeen), ‘Disaster and Apocalyptic Theology–On Divine Judgement and Meaning’
- Evan F. Kuehn (University of Chicago, Divinity School), ‘The Judgement of God in Christ: A Proposal for an Apocalyptic Account of God-forsakenness’
- Scott Prather (Jackson Free Press), ‘Apocalypse and Apathy’
- Christopher Holmes (Otago University), presiding
Updates on the programme will be posted here in due course. Details of these sessions will also appear eventually in the AAR programme book in the ‘additional meetings’ section.